Shares traded: 0
Options traded: 10
Closed Gross P&L: $-260.00
Gross Return: -0.65R
After earnings, BA sold off down to 325, finding support (confirmed on the 10day/30 min chart) The day prior to entry, BA had a 450k Print @ 333.87. Today, the day of entry, the price gapped down to the print level then continued higher and closing just below the 8EMA.
Intraday you can see that the print level held as support. I waited for entry once yesterday's high could be broken, which was resistance for the morning portion of the trading day. I waited for a pullback to support at 377, then entered the trade.
8/8 450k @ 333.87
345 & 350
Reason to exit:
Stopped out - 5 min candle closed below the print. Thinking about it now, I may have been to quick to pull the trigger on stopping out.
Mistakes &/Or Concerns
I didn't wait for a day to pass after the prints to enter the trade.
**Lessons learned was that I need to pay attention to when prints come out. If I wish to enter early and not get "splashed - out" Then I should do enter a strangle and add to the confirmed direction. ** Same as EEM trade today.
|2019-08-09 13:12:55||AUG16 19 350 CALL||5||$0.9300||5|
|2019-08-12 10:14:28||AUG16 19 350 CALL||-5||$0.4100||0|
You need to log into your Tradervue account to leave a comment. If you don't have one,
it takes just a few seconds to sign up, and it's free!
You can write your trade notes and comments using markdown syntax for links, images, etc. Some quick examples to get you started:
For other options, see Markdown syntax documentation.
Note that normal HTML tags are not supported in Tradervue.