Shares traded: 200
Closed Gross P&L: $-67.00
• Argentina election
ADV 1.9 RVOL 1.37 BETA 1 ATR 1.89 Short 4.42% Inst Own 35%
Support 19, 20, 21 Resistance 23, 24.50 and 26
• Long @ 18.60 if it flushes to here in the open
• If it breaks 18.60 with momentum hold to establish and trend line that you can work on a long later in the morning
Reading the Tape
I did not watch the tape well at all when entering this trade. However, I did watch most of the way through here. I saw a distinct seller in the 17.30 is has range and a large buyr at 17.0. When the the large buyer looked to drop. I took the offer.
• Had a plan for the flush under 18.60, I need to hold for a change in character
• Felt the gap was overextended, but it opened lower and stayed lower
• I got caught with outsized loss trying gap fade.
• Managed to hold long enough to make loss reasonable.
• Early entry hurt the over all profile of the trade.
• If I wanted to long at18.60 if it held at the opening, that is what I should have waited for or plan B was to hold for a break in the opening momentum.
Aspect Score Poss. Notes
Preparation 7 10 I had a couple plans that I did not follow
Hard Work 6 10 In recovery mode I baby sat the tape
Patience 2 10 Complete failure
Plan 4 10 I didn’t follow either plan to take this long on my thesis
Discipline 4 10 poor
Contribution NA 10
Replay 0 10 I do have tape of this
You need to log into your Tradervue account to leave a comment. If you don't have one,
it takes just a few seconds to sign up, and it's free!
You can write your trade notes and comments using markdown syntax for links, images, etc. Some quick examples to get you started:
For other options, see Markdown syntax documentation.
Note that normal HTML tags are not supported in Tradervue.