- SPY holding above 294
- China wants another round of trade talk’s before signing deal
- Tariffs will increase if deal isn’t signed
- Formal inquiry launched for Trump impeachment (Cover-up, secret server, abuse of power)
- US released tentative plan to limit investment in China (most likely for more sway in trade talks)
- Fed extending its overnight funding Ops (QE) through January 2020
- Only two companies missed estimates so far this earnings season – 87% beat
- UK and EU strike new Brexit deal in last-ditch talks
- PM: SPY sold from 300 to 299.40
- Morning: SPY topped at 300.20 then proceeded to downtrend to 298.50
- Afternoon: Uptrend but not new high, inside day
- End of Day: selling into VWAP
Technical Analysis – Long Term
- LT Uptrend
- Respecting 200-day SMA and trading above it for the last 2.75 years
Technical Analysis – Intraday
- Day1: Gapped down and sold hard early morning
- Day1: Had huge up leg blowing past previous day high
- Day1: Hard selling in the afternoon but held at 81.50 and 81.70, closed green
- Today: Strong open, uptrend all day
Catalysts / News
- EPS came in at $0.84 (+12% yr/yr)
- Sales of Libre were up an impressive 68% to $496 mln
- FY19 EPS guidance range to $3.23-$3.25 from $3.21-$3.27, in line with the $3.24 consensus
I can see morning weakness testing 81.20 - 81.50 support zone, get long into this area.
Hold above 82.20 is bullish, targets in the 83s.
Tried the trade twice when it sold at lunch time, lost 2R on both tries. Tried a third time with only 1 lot and current holding into the up swing; filled at 82.34 with ½ R stop at 81.24. Took half lot profits at the 82.75 swing high. Held my last half lot in hopes that it would bounce but it didn’t sold last half lot at 82.57 as I wasn’t feeling too good (health wise, couldn’t concentrate, major headache).
Missed many opportunities to get long earlier in this stock. I was afraid to trade and ended up paying by not taking risk in the trade early on.
Did I follow my plan? (yes/no/with mods): yes
What justified the modifications?:
Did you hold a core position until you noticed a reason to sell?: yes
Were your executions goods? yes
(1=D, 2=C, 3=B, 4=A)
You need to log into your Tradervue account to leave a comment. If you don't have one,
it takes just a few seconds to sign up, and it's free!
You can write your trade notes and comments using markdown syntax for links, images, etc. Some quick examples to get you started:
For other options, see Markdown syntax documentation.
Note that normal HTML tags are not supported in Tradervue.